Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi, I just discovered this software and its work seems impressive, I liked much, congratulations

very nice work, interested to know how you did the vines

Thanks guys.
    I'm not quite sure about which type of vine you are talking about as there are a couple of different vines in the scene.
    I get the trickiest would be the vines around the pergola, that one is actually something between a vine and a shrub. In any event. You have to create a couple of different geometry. The first one would be the base of the plant that grows around the column (let's say). That one has to have the highest thickness. Then it is duplicated to smaller thickness, first level branches, which not only are attracted (force) to the column, but also attracted to the main thicker (a collection- always live, unless you're happy with the result, then bake it as asset) branch. There are also level 2 and higher branches which are attracted to the lower branch level as well as the pergola mesh (divided in pieces to bring down the calculation time). I've also use different forces like direction and magnet to guide the growth. I know it does sound confusing in written words, but it's not in reality. Remember, I'm assuming that you have a very solid understanding of SpeedTree, that's why I've written it a little messy (might appear to some).
    Let me know if you had any questions.
    Best,
    Ashkan
    SpeedTree Tutorials : http://shlece.com/

Can you post one of the vines or pm with one?

your work is intresting for me too. I wish you good luck in developing it.