With the release of version 7, SpeedTree Modeler for movies, animation and architecture offers new features and
workflow improvements that deliver a significant leap in photorealism and save modeling time.
SpeedTree Modeler Features
- Hand drawing. Draw branch structures directly in the viewport using a tablet device or the mouse.
- Easily create procedurally generated subdivision surface models that are ideal for “hero tree” pipelines and more.
- Simulate animated growth of trees and plants using an artist-friendly tool. (SpeedTree Cinema only)
- Use forces to curl, twist, or gnarl any tree part.
- Grow around props. Make trees grow around or inside arbitrary meshes.
- Scale resolution. Quickly scale the amount of polygonal detail without affecting the shape of your model.
- Edit individual tree parts without affecting the rest of the tree. Our node-editing approach lets you tune or delete any branch, frond, or leaf.
- World building with tree placement export directly from the Modeler. (not included with SpeedTree Architect)
- Alembic export. Export files in the open Alembic framework (.abc). (not included withSpeedTree Architect)
- Weld branches. No more lighting seams or branch intersections.