Models can be edited using the SpeedTree Modeler, or if you’re happy with the model as is, just drop it right into your project with the SpeedTree rendering run-time included with your UE4.3 subscription.
Get trees now from the SpeedTree Store >>
Video Introduction of SpeedTree for UE4 Subscription . . .
SpeedTree for UE4 Subscription Features:
- Fully-integrated SpeedTree run-time, meaning fast, efficient rendering of one hero tree, a whole forest, or anything in between.
- Works with the SpeedTree Modeler, available on Windows and Mac OSX for $19/mo. USD (this is a separate charge from the UE4 subscription fee). This award-winning vegetation editing tool delivers a unique combination of procedural and hand modeling, for quick, precise tree artistry. Features include hand drawing, subdivision surface modeling, fine-tuning of wind effects, growing your tree around imported mesh props, much more.
No royalties, per-title or per-platform fees apply to the SpeedTree Modeler. The license renews automatically, unless cancelled prior to the renewal date, and all models created and edited with the SpeedTree Modeler will continue to operate in UE4.3 after the Modeler expires.
- All models are enabled to automatically create extremely efficient lightmap UVs.
- Wind effects are scalable, delivering the same level of high-end animation as seen in the growing list of outstanding feature films that have used SpeedTree.
- Smooth, tunable LOD transitions.
- Works on any platform UE4 supports.
- Buy just the trees you need from SpeedTree’s extensive, widely-varied Model Library store and drop them into your game as-is or tweak them first with the SpeedTree Modeler.
- Works with instanced foliage rendering and instance painting, with full wind support and per-instance color variation.
- Provides the latest SpeedTree version and features, as long as the subscription is active.
Using UE4 Custom?
SpeedTree for Games has been integrated with the Custom version of UE4 since the engine was launched, with an outstanding array of game titles underway. Find out more >>
The SpeedTree versions that work with the Custom and Subscription versions of UE4 are different products, with different technical features and licensing options, and each may be licensed only with its respective version of UE4.
Models purchased from the SpeedTree Store or created/edited in the SpeedTree Modeler cannot be exported out of UE4 Subscription and can be used only in that engine.
Pricing and terms subject to change without notice.
Other questions? Email us at email@example.com.